EIILM has set up a state-of-the-art Financial Research and Online Capital Market Trading Lab (The Finance Lab). The mission of the Online Capital Market Lab is to support advanced applied research in financial markets and equip finance managers with the mathematical and conceptual theories and best practices in financial markets that go into the creation and management of innovative financial products and services in the dynamic and highly competitive financial environment. Students can practice hedging, speculation and arbitrage strategies and investment and portfolio management strategies in the lab.
Objectives and Scope of the Online Capital Market Lab :
- To provide students hands-on data analysis and financial modeling experience through access to real time national and international financial data, market information, business and industry news, and cutting edge financial analysis software.
- To support and enhance academic research with the availability of extensive historical and real time cross sectional and time series data.
- To provide opportunities for collaborative research and teaching with other functional disciplines such as production and operations management, Management Information Systems and Information Technology.
- To develop and offer short-term hands on training programmes, MDPs, conferences and workshops in contemporary and emerging issues in finance.
The Lab- The Infrastructure and Features :
- 52 flat screen workstations with the latest Intel architecture Pentium 4 (HT) processors with expanded system memory and high bandwidth graphics engine.
- On Screen displays the online trading interface and the other displays technical analysis data, charts and data-streams.
- Projection screens and Wide Screen LCD Plasma television to display market news and updates.
- Fully air conditioned capital market lab.
- XSTrade (trading exchange simulator where we get real time data from five markets NSE- Cash and F&O, BSE-Cash, NCDEX, MCX). The Exchange Administration Software platform of the National Stock Exchange (NSE), installed by NSE.iT, their technology subsidiary
NEATxs: The trading workstation software platform used by NSE traders
Real Time Data Feed by News wire TV 18 of TV 18 Group.
Real-time news and analysis data streams from Prowess of CMIE AND Live market news and updates via Newswire 18.
Econometrics Data and Time Series Analysis Software Eviews.
Online Technical Analysis and Charting: World standard software installed by Meta Stock
Access to a wide range of industry research through the Harvard Business Review Archive and the online Journal databases like EBSCO, CYGNUS and digitalized online library facilties, as well as high-end dedicated data server, loaded with historical of "tick-by-tick" market data, allowing for realistic simulations of historical markets Instructor workstation with ability to supervise the trading activity, set risk and exposure parameters etc.