- About Us
- Course Curriculum
- Contact Us
The library connects us with the insight and knowledge, painfully extracted from Nature, of the greatest minds that ever were, with the best teachers, drawn from the entire planet and from all our history, to instruct us without tiring, and to inspire us to make our own contribution to the collective knowledge of the human species. I think the health of our civilization, the depth of our awareness about the underpinnings of our culture and our concern for the future can all be tested by how well we support our libraries.
-‘Cosmos’ Carl Sagan (1934 – 1996) An American astronomer, astrophysicist, cosmologist, author, science popularizer and science communicator in astronomy and natural sciences. The award-winning 1980 television series Cosmos: A Personal Voyage, which he narrated and co-wrote.
The Library :
The EIILM institute is proud of its library system which comprises the Waterloo St. Campus Library, Hare St. Campus Library and Salt Lake Campus Library.
Library Mission, Vision and Values
Library Mission Statement:
Crescat scientia, vita excolatur
Let knowledge grow from more to more; and so be human life enriched
The Library's mission is to provide comprehensive resources and services in support of the research, teaching, and learning needs of the EIILM community. To fulfill this mission, the Library commits to:
As a center of intense intellectual inquiry, the EIILM Library shares with the EIILM the aspiration to be the most dynamic learning environment in the world.
In this desired future, the Library ensures that its collections remain forward-looking, diverse in breadth and form, open to browsing, and of world-renowned quality. Through promotion, the Library makes people aware of the resources available to them, and through innovation, it makes access to these resources easier. The Library’s creation of an integrated, seamless web of information further streamlines access. To serve future users, the Library preserves information across all formats and ensures effective storage and delivery systems. The Library’s physical and virtual spaces respond to the changing habits of its users to enrich the campus experience and to multiply the ways in which people can pursue inquiry. The Library’s collaboration with expanding circles of partners yields unified access, broadening knowledge, and enhanced services.
The Library continues to embrace change and align itself to thrive on diversity, to support professional growth and opportunity, and to reward flexibility and innovation.
In all of our interactions, we are guided by these values:
• We encourage the process of learning and the life of the mind.
• We celebrate truth seeking through discourse and investigation.
• We anticipate and contribute to scholarly inquiry.
• We promote the Library as both a real and virtual extended classroom.
• We embrace our role as collectors and custodians of the intellectual record.
• We offer an environment that supports creativity, flexibility, and collaboration.
• We believe that each user of the Library is unique and important.
• We evolve to meet the changing needs of the Library and its users.
• We maintain a comfortable, welcoming and secure place for study, research, work, reflection and interaction.
• We commit ourselves to excellence.
• We seek out the best people and resources to accomplish our work.
• We support individual growth and organizational development.
• We work diligently to exceed the expectations of those we serve.
• We relate to each other with honesty and candor.
• We adhere to the principles of fairness, justice and equality in our work.
• We promote the highest standards of our profession, including open and equitable access to information.
• We demonstrate a strong work ethic, taking responsibility for our actions, keeping our word, and following through on our commitments.
• We treat everyone with equal consideration and courtesy.
• We encourage differences in perspective, opinions and ideas.
• We consider the needs of others.
• We provide an environment that is inclusive and diverse.
• We engage in open and honest communication at all levels.
• We recognize the importance of Library-wide participation.
• We reach out to all segments of our user communities.
• We share information and solicit opinions about decisions that affect the success of the Library.
EIILM library was established along with the establishment of EIILM institute in 1995.
As a center of intense intellectual inquiry, the EIILM Library shares with the EIILM institute the aspiration to be the most dynamic research and learning environment in the world, supporting the institute’s commitment to learning and teaching in the business management , Pharmaceutical Management, banking, MSME and to using its intellectual resources to help solve the world's problems.
Library - collection
The reference section has a rich collection of encyclopedias, dictionaries, handbooks, Yearbooks, atlases, directories etc. Besides these, world report, government publication reports on education, summer or winter project reports/dissertation done by students are there.
Collection beyond price
The Library boasts of a large collection of rare books. Steps have been taken to digitize the rare books. Out of the thousands of such books, facsimile copies of the title pages of a selected few are shown below: ( show rare books pictures)
EIILM library subscribes to more than 46 print and more than 4600 on-line periodicals both Indian and foreign and more than 10000 company profiles. Loose issues of printed periodicals are to be consulted within the library premises. Back issues are in bound volumes.
Working papers, Occasional papers, Journal articles, Annual Report, summer or winter project reports etc.
It provides access to the best of business and management related digital resources through its subscription to various databases consisting of scholarly and industry relevant content.
Human Capital, The Economist, EPW, TIME and Harvard Business Review : Online Periodicals
ProQuest Management Collection: The most comprehensive business db in the market. it include in-depth coverage for over 3800 publications and offers the latest business and financial information for researchers at all levels. The database contains complete runs of key business and management journals, providing a unique historical perspective on hundred of topics. Major publishers in the product include Springer, Emerald, American Economic Association, MIT, Palgrave MacMillan, Cambridge University Press, SIAM, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Euromoney, The Economist etc.
Other contents coverd: Thesis- 23000 , Business Cases- 5000 Plus, Reports, Financial Data etc.
13000+ebooks of Ebrary : Business and economics collection.
|| Monday – Friday
||9:00 am – 7:00pm
|| Monday – Friday
|| 9:00am – 05:00pm
|| Monday – Friday
|| 9:00am -5:00pm
• EIILM library offers an open access system.
• Library works and services are being automated with the help of ‘Libsys’. A library management software, is being utilized in library automation and is operational in all sections of the EIILM library.
• Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) and Web-OPAC are operational for all the books and other documents.
• Digitized question papers of the exams held at EIILM , syllabus and some of the books are available on –line and off-line.
• Database search service
• Access of printed and non-printed books.
• Access to current issues and back issues of periodicals.
• On - line periodicals
• Newspaper - clipping service
• Article - alert service
• Photocopying service by adhering to the copyright provisions is available.
• Exhibit of new arrivals
• Telephonic renewal facility of the library – resources. For renewal dial: (033)22100911/12/13(Ext no. 103)
22315731/32 (Ext. no.115)
22313542/43 (Ext. no.117)
The library functions on a comfortable annual budget and over the past years has been evolved into an excellent B – school library. Membership with DELNET is there to develop the information base, so that updated resource material is also available to its users. Liaison with the libraries like British Council Library and American library. The libraries are accessible to the EIILM – library members only.
The rules and regulations regarding the use of the libraries under the EIILM library system maintain general discipline.
We welcome all the readers who need to access our collections for their information and research needs. The right to use the Library is reserved for bonafide members. All the students, faculty members and staffs of the institute are eligible for membership of the Library. The registered members are issued Borrower’s library – membership cards as per their entitlement. External membership is provided to EIILM’s Alumni, outside Ph.D. students/corporate executives/ professionals/ faculty , other educational institutions on payment basis in addition to institution members. External members need for apply for membership through forms available at the circulation counter of library and can be downloaded from our website. Members of EIILM have to produce any written authentication as a EIILM member at the time of submission of the application form. Members should keep the library informed of any change of address or other contact particulars.
Download Library - membership forms
Library – membership application form for in-house members(pdf) : Download Form
External – membership at EIILM (pdf) : Download Form
Contact us - Divisions
Ms Sharmistha Mitra Chakraborty ( Librarian)
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
The Library encourages feedback from all our valued members and outside visitors. The feedback will definitely influence our decision making and our action plan for future.